Permitted Development Rights change 6th April 2014
In summary the new permitted development rights allow change of use:
- From retail (A1) or financial and professional services (A2) to residential (C3) with some associated physical works. Up to 150m2 can change use.
- From retail (A1) to banks, building societies, credit unions and friendly societies, but do not allow subsequent change to other A2 uses.
- From buildings in agricultural use to residential use (C3) with some associated physical works to enable conversion to take place. Up to 450m2 can change use on an agricultural unit to provide up to three homes.
- From buildings in agricultural use to state-funded schools and registered nurseries providing childcare
- From offices, hotels, residential and non-residential institutions and leisure and assembly (B1, C1, C2, C2A and D2) to nurseries providing childcare.
At the time of writing Cornwall Council interpretation of this new regulation is yet to be published however Atelier 3 are currently liaising with the local authority to seek clarification of what will be required for a prior notification application.
For more information please contact Tim Hancock on 01208 895536 who can advise you further.